This homemade oatmeal beverage recipe is easy to prepare. It will take about 20 minutes and you can eat it with cookies, coffee, granola, chocolate, brownie, fruit, cakes, etc. It is a good option for those people who do not drink dairy products for different reasons (*) and avoid the consumption of added sugars, preservatives, artificial colors, and flavors. Its texture is thick, therefore you can add more water according to your tastes. It is a nutritious drink and easy to digest, so you will not feel any pain after consuming it (*).
This homemade oat beverage is for 4 servings.
- 1 cup flaked oatmeal
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (You can also use cloves)
- 1 liter water
- Stevia (to taste)
How to make Homemade Oatmeal beverage
- Soak the oats for about 8 hours, you can do it the previous night. You just have to put the oat in a container and fill it with water until it exceeds the oat.
- Discard the soaking water and add the liter of water.
- Put it on very low heat, add the cinnamon (this is for flavor), and stevia, stir and leave for 5 minutes. I do this step because it gives a thicker consistency and the cinnamon flavor is deep.
- Liquefy for 30 seconds.
- Pass through a cloth strainer.
- Let it cool and save in the fridge.
You can keep the beverage between 3 to 4 days in the fridge.
You can also add vanilla essence or honey to sweeten.